"Do not ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do that. For what the world needs is more people who have come alive."
-Howard Thurman

Thursday, November 17, 2011

I Believe

I believe in kindness and respect, embracing individuality and diversity, and standing up for your values and beliefs while being open-minded towards others.

I believe beauty is as beauty does, and that it is not the way you look that is important, but how you see.

I believe that there are many forms of intelligence, and that every one has talent and something valuable to offer the world.

I believe that confidence and humility go hand in hand, and that although I am a very small part of this world, I can make a real impact.

I believe in lifelong learning and self growth, and that the only person I need to strive to be better than is who I was yesterday.

I believe regardless of all labels, we are human first, and that we should concentrate and that which unites us rather than divides us.

I believe that serving and connecting with others is still at the heart of humanity, even in this fast paced, technology driven world.

I believe in being an individual, but always remaining mindful that we are all part of something greater.

I believe in introspection and reflection, and in chasing down your passion like the last bus of the night.

I believe in doing ordinary things with extraordinary love.

At the end of my life, I want to be empty, to have used all my talents- to be completely and absolutely fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment